A PHP codebase.
Why upgrade from MySQL to MySQLi?
The MySQL extension was deprecated in PHP 5.5 and removed in PHP 7. Upgrading your code to use the MySQLi extension provides a familiar, improved API and keeps you compatible with the latest versions of PHP.
The MySQLi Shift upgrades your code to use the MySQLi extension, including:
- Translating MySQL functions and constants to their MySQLi equivalent
- Rearranging function parameters for MySQLi
- Injecting the resource parameter for MySQLi functions
- Normalizing parameters for
- Detecting removed MySQL functions